While Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi unveiled “Khichdi “as an Indian ‘superfood’ at the global food show, World Food India, which is being organised from 3rd November to 5th November 2017 in New Delhi by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India along with CII.
India’s most celebrated chef Sanjeev Kapoor will be attempted to create a World Record by cooking 800 kilograms of Khichdi on 4th November 2017 at the India Gate Lawns.
This humble dish takes centre stage so much that Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal had to tweet clarifying that khichdi is just a record entry at the World Food India event and will not be declared as the national dish of India as speculated.
Herein is a list of best blogs offering information on Khichdi – The soulful comfort food of Inida
- This is one of the best article i have come across on khichdi that talks on history , benefits and multiple recipes of Khichdi in a single blog with great detailing around it www.mavcure.com
- This website talks of very precise 4 health benefits of Khichdi , along with the recipe for Khirchi with moong dal http://www.onlymyhealth.com
- Again talking of the 4 benefits of Khichdo another article from the Health site – www.thehealthsite.com
- Yet another site that shows step by step process of cooking Khichdi www.medium.com
- Most of the news sites have also curated the benefits of Khichdi in their Health segment and here you go with the details www.indiatimes.com ; ndtv ;; Timesnews
- Another Khichdi Recipe from Hebbars kitchen , the picture above is from the blog itself.
So try the one which you like and enjoy some sattvik food for a change with its health benefits.