The Holi celebration is predominantly a North Indian festival and while celebrating with colors we all indulge in lot of colors and food.
2 things that define this festival are Colors and Food.
Food that is everything heavy on calories , Fried and something that takes your diet or Healthy eating routine on a toss.
Colors – So fun to play but leaves the skin and hair in a state that you think why I have even played Holi. The skin takes on the color dye and looks pink and green based on colors you have played. And however good hair you have after color you can feel the dry and frizzy.
So here’s quick fixes from food to Heal the skin , hair and Off course your tummy.
Let’s start from Hair : Hair mask and packs using the food easily available in your kitchen can offer you a quick fix for your hair.
- Curd Hair mask : Curd is not only a great cleanser but also helps take off the color from the hair strands and the scalp. Just take a bowl of curd and apply directly on the hair scalp and Hairs and let it dry. Keep for 15-20 mins and wash off your hair
- Lemon – Just squeeze 1-2 lemon depending upon your hair length and apply to your just like oil , keep for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Vinegar – Rinse off your hair in vinegar once you have applied either curd or Lemon and sampoo your hairs. Add 2 table spoon in 3 mugs of water and pour it on your hair.
- Aloe Vera – Real aloe vera is a great cooling plant that moisturizes and heals the hair and scalp. Just apply it directly from the plant and leave for 20-25 min and then wash off your hair. This will help you moisturize your scalp and let the hair heal naturally from the damage done by color and chemicals.
- Honey mask – After Sampoo apply honey on scalp and hair till the roots and leave for 15 mins and wash off.
Now as you have taken care of your hair let’s move to hair
- Curd Besan Ubtan – You can simply take curd , add Besan ( Gram Dal powdered ) , Add a pinch of Turmeric and A spoon of Lemon. Now make it into a paste and apply on the whole body and a thick layer on face. Let it dry and then with the help of mustard oil or coconut oil just remove the dried pack from your body and face and watch the color dye layer coming off automatically. Now moisturize the skin with any essential oil.
- Lemon and Honey – If you have got Rashes or you had been feeling the skin is itchy just apply the lemon and honey mixture that soothes the skin.
- Aloe vera juice – Just apply a layer of aloe juice after you have removed the color from your body and face. This will cool and soothe skin
- Orange peel powder + Curd is also a great scrub
- Masoor Dal put in a grinder and then mixed with Curd helps as a great scrub for the skin and exfoliates along with removing colors. People with dry skin can try the same with almond and chirongi in curd.
Moving to food that can heal the celebration and over indulging with gujiya and other Holi food. Hydration – Key rule while you play Holi is keeping yourself hydrated. So drink a lot of Liquids while you are playing Holi that can be Coconut Water, Water , juices , thandai etc etc
- Chaach – A tadkha masala chaach is a great for the gut and hydration. Have the one with Hing and jeera tadka with fresh mint leaves
0 comments on “Food to Heal – Holi Celebration”