A gym is like a temple. You worship what it does to your body. Choosing a right gym plays a vital role in making or breaking your health goals. So while one chooses a gym there are a lot of factors that really play an important role.
Points to ponder while you pick a Gym for yourself
- Setting Goal : Before you sign up for a gym you need to set a clear health / body goal and time.
- Distance : Once you have decided to hit a gym, first thing that you need to look into is the location of your gym. Is it closer to your office or your home. Nothing in between works. Either you are going to hit a gym before or after office or you ll go straight from home in the same time zones. Keeping it nearer to home not work as you are not working 365 days a year.
- Equipments : most of the gyms these days are well equipped with modern amenities and outstanding machines. But always give a thought to the fact what is your requirement and would your goal need all those fancy looking machine or not. So go what you need not what a gym offers.
- Batch size : it’s important to do a little research and visit the gym multiple times before you finally join. So that you can see the total visitors in that hour and also what’s the distribution of people on gym equipment , Will you be getting a chance to use the machine to get results or you have to be in queue each day.
- Quality of fitness trainer : every gym boasts of its highly qualified and trained Fitness trainers. But speak to the real customer and take their opinion , evaluate the results. If weight loss is your goal and weight trainer trained in body building might not be all you need.
- Hygiene : well fitness is your objective and this is a place where people come to sweat, therefore it’s important to look into this aspect as well and don’t miss the washroom, you ll probably need it in all your visits. And don’t miss the upkeep of the equipments. How well the equipments are maintained not only define the life of equipment but also functioning. Remember a used towel and a bench press bench has taken equal amount of sweat. So if cabt use a used towel, you ll not like to use this either.
- Profile of gym goers : this is the most salient feature on the list, and it defines a lot more about the gym. So always be vary of this and choose wisely. This Ll define the safety standards as well and at times peer motivation does more than what gym and trainers motivation does to you.
So while I was invited by The Body Mechanics team for the relaunch of their stand alone fitness centre at East Delhi, all those points were well answered. As the first thing which the team highlighted was that it’s not always that a person keen to join gym chooses us, we do choose our Customer. At first I felt that’s so mean while you are in service business . But then it gave a wider perspective to the quality and safety standards.
While speaking of the fitness goals the Fitness guru cum author of a lot of books on health & food Mr. Akshay Chopra gave us amazing insights on wellness and food2go4. From food to eat in its original form to eat everything that your grand parents or forefathers had, as that’s more indigenous to you than the fast foods or packed foods of the world. Say no to all kind of processed food and sugars. Eat right and don’t starve yourself.Stay active that’s the key to a fit body so aim for fitness not weight loss or weight gain, as everybody type is different and not all can get in zero size like Kareena or build body like Salman so treat yourself special and don’t aim for a body type which is not yours. Be the best which fits your body type and aim for fitness over figure.