As most of us know Halloween falls every year on October 31,thats the day before All Saints’ Day, which is a Christian festival used to celebrate recognised saints.Halloween activities typically involve trick or treating and dressing up in fancy dress.
Halloween is typically a celebration to mark the end of summers and if words are to be believed then this traditions came from Celtic harvest festivals of Samhain, although some people support the view that Halloween began independently as a Christian festival.
The word Halloween represents Holy evening , and most of us relate halloween with the Halloween theme , costume a party thats spooky, scary , horror time and everything fun. In all this the food also takes the main stage for Halloween party. and the best chefs and restaurant do come up with special recipe to encash this opportunity.
So heres one quick Halloween Recipe by Chef Om Nayak (Owner, the Pasta Bowl Company).
CAPPELLACCI DI ZUCCA : Fresh Stuffed Pasta
Serves 5 portions
- 5 eggs
- 350 grams pasta flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil for marination of Butter nut pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 grams butternut pumpkin
- 100 grams freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams butter
- Fresh sage leaves
Making the Dough
- Mix Eggs, Flour and salt. Knead Well. About 3 mins should be ok. Keep it for 30 mins.
Making the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet. Peel and Cut the Pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and cut into small dices Bake the squash for 45 mins along with garlic or until well cooked
- Place it in a bowl, mesh it well, stir in the cheese and grate the nutmeg and some crushed pepper corns and mix well.
Making the Pasta
- Roll out the pasta dough very thin so as to literally see the yellowish filling inside
- Cut the pasta sheet into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Place 1 spoon of filling and stick the parallel ends together to form a triangle and then stick the other ends together for form the Cappellacci.
- In boiling water, cook Cappellacci for 3-4 mins approximately or Until firm or as they say “Al Dente”
- Melt the butter in a pan and add sage leaves
- Transfer Cappellacci to the pan, add few spoons of stock if needed.
- Check on the seasoning.
- Top up with some Parmesan Cheese. Serve Hot.
Visit the restaurant to explore more on the menu and off course finger licking pasta options through out the year whether it’s Halloween or no Halloween 🎃.
Check one more recipe Rissoto Alla Zucca from the Chef Om Nayak.